The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron

 Currently being skeptical about...
You may find it unlikely that during an international football competition I have the time to read / listen to four books at once, so be reassured that I do, and have only picked this one up as it was recommended by John Robins and the copy I now have risked being used as roaching material in my brother's cigarettes, given it was sent to him by his ex-girlfriend so that he might unblock his latent creativity and thus find meaning in his empty life. I'm solely interested in the writing exercises and have already mentally written-off all the pseudo-spirituality as utter bollocks.

I hate to see a book burned just because of what it means to some knob-head with a grudge and a lack of self-awareness.

There may or may not be a review forthcoming in the next couple of years - the book says it takes 12 weeks to finish (or to finish the steps) so add 24-36 months on top of that. And even so, I may not feel like adding anything further.

(Paid link)

Comments