The Baen Free Library

Free I tells ya, FREE!
It's not often you come across something for nothing these days, and as such, when I do, I spend so much time squinting my eyes and pursing my lips and looking for the catch, the catch, that I often lose sight of the wonderful generosity of the act, or indeed run out of time to take advantage of the opportunity. Much like MIT's OpenCourseWare through which you can access ALL the course material they produce, for every single subject taught - cynical bastards I thought, and now I'm entirely and unjustifiably prejudiced against them.

BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT etc., I was looking for something dumb and fun to throw about on the bed in my mind after exhausting myself with the effort of satisfying the metafiction of John Barth, when I came across a set of short stories from 2011, published, for free, gratuitously, by publishers Baen, and accessible, without cost, charge or remuneration, indeed for free through their website; that's right, you can download straight from their websiteFREE BOOKS, as Mobi or Nook files, or simple pdfs, to email to your ereader of choice. 

FOR NOTHING.

And yes, they're not all gems, some of them are stinkers, but if you want to indulge in a spot of guilty pleasure, then what's not to love?

Comments

  1. I'd forgotten about them! Let's hope the link still works.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment