Big Reads circa 2007

Rooting about behind old electronic equipment I discovered a stash of cuttings clipped from The Western Mail between 2006 and 2007, back when I was Waterstones' representative and, hopefully (but not likely) authoritative reviewer, and still using my 'maiden' name. Gawd, the stuff I used to get away with! Still, daft as I was, grouping Richard Flanagan, Nicholson Baker and Winkie by Clifford Chase together, I can honestly say I was trying my damnedest to get people to read books that I sincerely enjoyed, for whatever the reason. And I have a year's worth of the buggers too. It's nice to know that at some point in your life, your opinion mattered... Obviously not enough to get paid for it. But such a beautiful young face.





  

Comments

  1. Ah, the flow of intertextuality. Having read these reviews I realised I've given away my copy of The Minotaur Takes A Cigarette Break, and that Sherrill has written two other books of fiction that I'd not read. I will be rectifying both situations shortly.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment